What is the purpose of the Gathering Ireland Local Community Fund?
The key objective of the Fund is to provide support to local and community Gathering event organisers and activities / projects which will drive international visitors to each county / city in the Republic of Ireland. The Fund is being administered by your local city / county council.
What Fund amounts are available?
Fund amounts will be for a minimum of €500 and a maximum of €2,500 and will be directly related to the number of overseas visitors that will be delivered. Overseas visitors are those who travel from outside of the island of Ireland.
Who is eligible to apply?
It is open to groups or organisations who are organising Gatherings / activities in 2013. To be eligible for funding, the event / project must:
• Deliver a minimum of 10 incremental overseas visitors per €500 Fund awarded to the individual Gathering (where incremental overseas visitors are those additional visitors over and beyond those which would normally visit the county).
• Demonstrate a capacity to deliver i.e. the Gathering Organiser(s) must provide evidence of and have a clear plan for tapping into international networks
• Have the capability to promote the event and provide a potential for media coverage
• Contribute at a local level to the city’s / county’s calendar of Gathering events in relation to attracting overseas visitors and complement the national Gathering Ireland 2013 programme
• Be uploaded onto to the Create section of this website at www.thegatheringireland.com/create
• Be either a new Gathering / event which will take place in 2013 or an addition to an existing event which is being expanded to specifically deliver incremental overseas visitors
There is no guarantee of funding for Gatherings which achieve the minimum eligibility criteria. The fund is limited and eligible applications will be evaluated on a competitive basis against the criteria above.
What types of Gatherings will be funded?
Various types of Gatherings will be considered for funding – it can include school reunions, sports clubs hosting overseas teams, music, cultural or business Gatherings involving overseas visitors. This list is by no means exhaustive. The key criterion is the ability of the proposed Gathering to attract overseas visitors to the county / locality. Priority will also be given to Gatherings which have emerged from the Gathering Ireland Community Meeting process.
Download the application form and further information on the Gathering Local Community Fund.
A full list of local contacts for enquiries and for receipt of applications is available here.